Tuesday 27 November 2012

I am not an injured skater.

I made the decision today that I won't be calling myself an injured skater.

I'm not less of a skater than someone else.  I don't want to be given special treatment.  I don't want changes made for me.  I might require some patience, from myself as well as others.  But I'm not an injured skater.

Once you've gained the title as "injured skater" it's very hard to shift.  When are you not injured?  When you bout again?  When you hit someone again?  When you get through a whole practice without crying?  Once you've got that title I think a little part of you will always be broken. 

As I said before, the hardest part about coming back will be the mental challenges.  To get past this I need to believe in my head that I am not broken, that my brain is not broken.  This is important!

I'm a recovering skater or a returning skater, but not an injured skater.

No comments:

Post a Comment